Monday, February 02, 2015

It's been fun!

Hi all and welcome to 2015!  It's really a shame that I haven't posted in a while.  No worries though as I am still around!  I should say that the period between August of 2012 and October/November 2014 was super fun.  I got to play a lot of shows with both the Janeen Leah Band and Cold Planet.  I grew as a musician and player, played many cool places with and for a lot of people, and forged many friendships.

As you may know, Janeen (of Janeen Leah Band - duh!), and Michael of *both* JLB and Cold Planet are a married couple.  In December 2014, they moved to a great home in Grass Valley, CA.  Great move, but making practice and playing Bay Area gigs a little bit harder than before!  Both bands are still going with mostly no lineup changes, but gigs going forward will be less frequent.

Janeen Leah Band soundchecking at Blackbird Tavern in San Jose, CA on August 20, 2014

I miss playing with all my bandmates, but despair not my legions of fans! There will be a Janeen Leah Band show this coming Friday, February 6 at our "home base" The Bistro in Hayward.  We haven't played together since October 2014, so it's really exciting.  We have a brand new set list and I'm pretty excited to play.  I still haven't' made up my mind as to which one of my main beauties I will play:

Ibanez Roadstar II, or Fender Precision Lyte?

I'm leaning towards the Precision.  I like the way the active pickups sound.  I hope to see you Friday!
---

On the Cold Planet front, we are figuring out how to bring our high energy shows back very soon.  Stay tuned!

Cold Planet at The Bistro in Hayward, October 10, 2014

Pretty cool guitar I'm playing there, huh?

In the meantime, if anyone's up for a jam, let me know!  :)





No comments: